Tips: Get the sprouts from your farmer’s market and your cashews from Lassens or a store that sells Navitas cashews!
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts or clover sprouts
- 1/2 cup clover sprouts (or radish sprouts if you’d like it spicy!)
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts (or pea sprouts or sunflower sprouts)
Note: It doesn’t matter what kind of sprouts you use, though clover or alfalfa sprouts make the best base for this salad. The idea is to have about 2 cups of sprouts all in all, and a variety is kind of nice.
In this one pictured upper left we’ve added in a bag of mixed sprouts with sprouted lentils that we bought at a farmer’s market! My son Jome likes the extra protein from the sprouted lentils, but I prefer the softness of just sprouts in this creamy salad.
Cashew Dressing Ingredients:
- cashews, 1/2 cup, blended in blender to a fine flour. The cashews should be dry, not soaked. And the blender should be dry too. If it is wet at all the nuts will not powder down well. If you don’t have a Vitamix blender, a coffee grinder can be used to powder nuts.
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (or sweeten with one or two pitted dates)
- 1/2 to 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- pinch of salt
1. Place sprouts in big bowl.
2. Blend Dressing ingredients in blender with 1/4 to 1/2 a cup spring water until smooth creamy consistency.
3. Stir dressing in to sprouts. Use two forks to massage the dressing in.
Serves: 1-2 people
Source: 28 Days Raw
This recipe was featured on these fine blogs: Monday Mania, Meatless Mondays, Weekend Whatever, Weekend Gourmet, Nifty Thrifty Things, Fat Tuesdays, Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays, Tutorial Tuesdays, Traditional Tuesdays, Tuesday Time Out, Teach-Me Tuesdays, Hearth and Soul, Living Green Link-up, The Gathering Spot, Momnivores Dilemma, Pennywise Platter, Seasonal Eats, Inspiration Friday, I’m A Food Renegade, Fresh-Bites Friday, Show and Tell Friday, and more…