This is one of my all time favorite desserts. I have served this dessert to people who have never even heard the term Raw Vegan and they said it was the best Blueberry Cobbler they ever had.
3 cups fresh blueberries
1 and 1/2 cups really raw cashews
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
1 young coconut
1/8th cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
4 Medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup sweetener
- Place the cashews in a Vitamix and blend to a really fine powder.
- Place the powdered cashews into a food processor with the dates, a tablespoon of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of Celtic sea salt, two tablespoons sweetener (agave, honey or maple syrup).
- Place the mixed up cashew powder in a bowl
- Place two cups of blueberries in the food processor and lightly chop them up but do not overdo it. We want each berry to be maybe just approximately cut in half for texture.
- Take one cup of blueberries and place in the Vitamix with the rest of the sweetener, the olive oil, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add a dash of Celtic sea salt and blend to liquify.
- Pour into the bowl with the cashew mix and the finely chopped blueberries and thoroughly mix.
Optional Macadamia Cream as a topping.
- Take 1/2 cup of Mac nuts and place in Vitamix with the water and the meat from one young coconut.
- Add two Medjool dates and a dash of Celtic sea salt.
- Blend to a fine cream texture.
- Tip: Don’t put all of the young coconut water in at one time. Add slowly until you get the texture of a thick decadent cream.
(There is no way around the endless debate of honey verses agave, and maple syrup. Honey is raw but technically not vegan. Agave and maple syrup are technically vegan but not raw; they are heated up to thicken and concentrate them).
The amazing thing about this dessert is that even though it is every bit as rich as its cooked counterpart it will not make you fat, and it has enough nutrients to be a full meal instead of a tacked-on empty calorie dessert.
This is just one of the many recipes that will be featured in my new and upcoming Raw Food Cook Book titled “Raw by Storm, Raw for Life”.
You can help support this project and also pre-order the book for half price by making a pledge at Indiegogo by clicking on this link:
In the light,